eBook: The Linux Beginners Framework
Your 5 Steps - to feel comfortable at the Linux command line
- Compose error-free command lines
… so you will never again get these frustrating errors
- Understand the directory tree
… and jump through it like a veteran Linux admin
- Leverage “everything is a file”
… and feel comfortable handling these files
- See what’s going on
…so you always know exactly how and what it is used for
- Learn how to go the easy way
… so you have always someone “holding your hand” if needed
eBook: The Shell Toolbox 2.1
The only tool you need at first is this box of essential tools
I’ve created this book by request for my clients and students - as a starting point and as a reference for their daily work.
And now you can get access to this compilation too.
Get To Know Your Linux System
Free online-training that teaches Linux beginners to get a solid first understanding about a Linux system right from the console.
- Get a solid first impression of your Linux system
- See what your system is doing right now.
Is it overloaded or not?
- Understand the disk-layout of a system
- The always needed network basics:
ip-configuration, open ports and local firewall
Online-training that guides you step-by-step to confidently writing robust and portable Linux Shell-Scripts
- Truly Step-By-Step
- Get a deep understanding about how the shell interprets every single command line
- Leverage the power of variables
- Master everything about logic and loops
- Learn to write really robust & portable Shell-Scripts
- Get the things you really need - no unneeded fluff.
Master The Linux Filesystem Permissions
Online-training that teaches you everything you need to completely master the Linux Filesystem Permission
- Everything you need - bulletproof explained
- Everything about the legacy unix-permissions found on any unix-like system.
- Understand the power of supplementary permission like SUID or Sticky-Bit.
- Master the umask
- Maximize permission-flexibility with ACLs